GRANT DEADLINE APRIL 1!
Hill Country Schools Can Get Funds to Save Water through Rainwater Revival Grant Program
For the third consecutive year, the Rainwater Revival offers funds to help students learn about rainwater catchment and water conservation.
• $2700 was raised through the 2012 Rainwater Revival’s Art Barrel auction to fund a school grant program – see last year’s works of art
• Three $900 grants will be awarded to Hill Country schools to use on a rainwater harvest and/or water conservation education program during the 2013-2014 school year.
• Open to public and private elementary, middle, high schools throughout 17 counties of the Hill Country region
• Deadline for grant application is April 1, 2013
• Recipients selected by May 1, 2013
• Email applications to: info@RainwaterRevival.com
• Or Mail to HCA – Rainwater Revival, Attn: Grant Program, 15315 Hwy 71 West, Bee Cave, TX 78738
• Grant requests should include:
-A one-page description of the project, including number of students reached, expected outcomes, length or duration of project, and general management and participation in the project;
-Project budget, including grant amount requested and, if anticipated, matching funds or in-kind services (matches not required);
-Letter(s) of support from school principal and any others, as appropriate;
-Primary contact name, phone and email.
Congratulations to previous grant winners:
-Bandera Middle School (Bandera ISD) – To expand the use of captured HVAC condensate for irrigation purposes
-Eden Park Academy (Austin Charter School) – To add rain barrels to its existing classroom sustainable gardening project, expand the amount of garden area, and use the rain barrels as canvases for student art projects
-J.J. Pickle Elementary School (Austin ISD) – To turn an eroding slope into a rain garden and grassland area and add a self-sustaining pond ecosystem, which will complement the school’s existing outdoor educational areas that include butterfly and vegetable gardens.
-Blanco Vista Elementary School (Hays CISD) – To add a rainwater collection system to support current school garden and use the rain barrels as the canvas for a school-wide art project
-Buda Elementary School (Hays CSID) – To install a rainwater collection system to support current landscaping
-Tobias Elementary School (Hays CSID) – To add a rainwater collection system to their outdoor learning center building project